Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Year, Old Complaints

NO FEEDBACK
It is the new year and there is still no feedback from the ownership. I reached out to the Realty group in December about the proposal I submitted in August of 2009, but I was told the ownership still has not transferred over to Morgan Stanley yet and no action will be taken until that is done. But from reading news articles today, it seems like they finalized the transfer, but it is still up in the air when I'll receive feedback on my proposal to address all the issues I've dealt with moving in here. It's been 17 months since I made my proposal and there hasnt' been a peep from Bellevue Towers. Like myself, many of the early residents I've talked to are extremely aggravated at the snails pace for any feedback or resolution.


BLOGGING
Patrick Clark, the principal at Realty Trust, the realty group for Bellevue Towers, who I usually communicate to about my condo issues, mentioned his dissapointment about my blog. My response, which he understood:

- There is no feedback from the ownership, what other recourse do I have to get traction? It's been 17 months.
- I have had all these issues that weren't addressed (read this blog) when I moved in which severely impacted/impacts my experience
- I was told that units would not be reduced by selling agents when closing, but as you can see they have been dramatically reduced and deals have been given to buyers that held out on their deposit.
- I have not embellished my stories and just re-counted my experiences at the condo
- Most importantly, I'm held in limbo as to what I can do financially - I can't re-fi, I can't sell, I can't buy other property, I have to wait for the outcome of their feedback. At this point, it would be even better to just walk away from my unit given the current appraisals.


NOISE/SMELL
I ran into my neighbor downstairs and she lamented about all her issues with her unit which I could totally empathize with. As mentioned in my previous blog entry, the smells from the restaurants downstairs run through some of the vents and permeate many of the units. "We're Jewish and our unit was filled with pork smells this weekend" my neighbor complained. Again, I was told exaggeration should be avoided in blogging, but that was the quote I was given, obviously that commentary is a little extreme, but you can clearly understand the emphasis for frustration.

As well, there is constant noise in the alleyway (maybe a given for city living), but as expressed in the blog and our last condo meeting, there are loud garbage trucks that usually roam the alleyways in the middle of the night. I'm woken up once in a while, but you can imagine the impact living closer to the ground level; my neighbor complained to me pretty vehemently about her problems and that it doesn't seem like and issue that will ever be resolved along with the food odor issues.

For me, I'm more woken up by hallway noise, which is pretty amazing since there is only one more unit occupied on the other side of my hallway. I can hear the garbage chute being used as well as the elevators everyday. For what I paid for this condo, I wouldn't think I would have been impacted by hallway noise.

I was hesitant to put my neighbor's feedback, but she actually prompted me to post her feelings and that she would 100% back the post. Honestly, I don't I think I did her frustrations justice.