Friday, May 22, 2009

Cold Showers

When I went through my walk-through, I found that there was no hot water. I noted this as high priority to resolve before I moved in, but as per the typical at this building, it wasn't resolved fully when I moved it. So you know, usually, when you turn your faucet knob to all the way to the highest setting, you'll eventually get scalded, if not burned. When I first moved in, I would turn knob to almost breaking off to the hottest setting, but not much heat; I was getting lukewarm water for weeks. I was hoping it would warm up, but it never did. I finally got the construction team, Hoffman Construction, to come up to my unit to look at the issue, but as per their usual crack up job, they run some tests and come to the conclusion that the water is hot enough. Apparently, for regulations, it's not possible to have temperatures run over 120, but my water ran about 113-114 according to them. I don't know if their thermometer was off, but I had the faucet at the highest setting and it was a warm at best. Anyway, they left, saying that's the best they could do and that heat was working properly...

So that night, I attempted to take a shower. COLD WATER COMES OUT. I'm freezing my ass off, shivering, and drenched. I had to grin and bear and to take a cold shower. This. Sucks.

The next day, I get a plumber in and he looks at my unit and searches for the heat pump for a couple hours. He tells me the heat pump is busted. He fixes it and voila, the deficient heat pump was the cause of the cold/lukewarm water. I would have hoped they could have ensured I had hot water before I moved in. That would have been nice.

To quote a Bellevue Towers employee - "It would have been warmer if I tried to find a goat to piss on me (than to take a shower)."