Wednesday, May 6, 2009

No Sleep

If you plan to move into the Bellevue Towers, you better be an earlier riser because undoubtedly, you'll be woken up by construction. Again, the further up you are, the more you'll be impacted as construction is still moving slowly up the building. I'm on the 1xth floor and I've been woken up at least 2x per week well before 8AM by construction. I've been woken up by things such as :
  • Jackhammering at four floors above me
  • Employees using staple guns to fix the floors one floor below me
  • Workers fixing baseboards right out my door
And today, I had a construction worker barge right through my front door while i was sleeping at 720AM. I've spoken to management countless times about these issues, but the problems still continue. I had meeting w/ the developer, management, and sales team here last week and they promised that these issues would be resolved, but lo and behold, they weren't. typical.

At this point the only guarantee that's been made to me is that construction won't start until 8AM (though I don't know if this will happen given their track record), so if you want to sleep in during the mornings, I'd suggest you hold off on moving in. I've also asked for a schedule for completion of the floors surrounding me, but again, there were no definite answers.


--S

PS - If you didn't know this, since this is a commercial area, City of Bellevue allows for construction starting at 530AM. So if you're on a lower floor, don't think you're off scott free, the jackhammering from the city streets will get you.