Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Let Me In!

[post refers to Jan 18th, 2010]

It's 4AM and it's been a long day at work. I get home and try to unlock my door and it doesn't open. I call the concierge up to take a look and no luck either. I try everything I can to open the door and contemplate calling the locksmith. After wiggling and trying to turn the knob an hour, my front door finally opens.

I had this issue since the first day I moved into the my unit and it wasn't resolved until one year after. About five or six times over the past year, I've come home and been unable to enter my unit. On my first day moving in, I noticed the lock to got progressively harder and harder to open until I could not open it. I had the construction company come out three or four times last year, but they never resolved the issue. Finally, at the beginning of the year, they figured the issue to be the strike plate. You can Wikipedia strike plate to understand what it does, but it basically makes your lock more secure. What was their solution? They removed the strike plate. They gave me other options, but this was what they said was the best remedy. So my door is less secure, but hey, at least, i'm not locked out anymore. Question: Why couldn't they have solved this issue earlier?





--S