Monday, May 2, 2011

Ruff Neighbor

My neighbor moved in a couple weeks ago and lovely enough this was that I listened to for the first two weeks:


That's right,  a yipping  and yelpling dog.  The dog's calmed down a bit, but every time I leave my unit, I hear it scurry to the front door and start barking.  The other thing that is more apparent now is that I hear everything my neighbor does.  Given the proximity of all our doors, they aren't offset and face each other -- I can everything going on in their unit when I'm coming home and when I'm home, I can always hear someone getting on to the elevator, closing their unit door, having conversations in the hallway, and so on.  Since I have studio, even at the furthest point in my unit, I can still hear ongoing noise from the hallway. 

It's been ruff.